Sunday, February 12, 2012

today...

As the waves of heat from the cheap space heater float above this old bed, my hands dip into it. I feel the brief warmth on my fingertips. It flows like water. I love being underwater. Everything looks better, feels soft and content. I love being weightless, letting go and sinking into it like a dream. As I lay here trying to grasp warm satisfaction in my hands I swear I can still feel your shape. I distinctly remember the way we'd forget about everything and lay in bed for hours. I swear I could still see the waves of your soft skin shift as you breathed so lightly. I remember the way your eyes were so sure and your smile immortalized me. There is no word I can find to describe how beautiful you really are.

But I feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment