Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dream 300

A bus drives to the outside the city. This is a long drive, and there is nothing to think about. Trees go by as the bus accelerates. This feels like a childhood memory of a preschool field trip, yet, I am old and this is now. The innocence next to me is a person. A person so rich in naivete and happiness, maybe even confidence. I know your name now. I see your life. This family, fickle and full of traditional thought, will now meet me face to face. Look at them. They've taken everything from you. Your creativity, your freedom, your independence, your beauty have all been stripped to their advantage. This is the American dream for us. Like slaves we are controlled. A large stone staircase blurs and serves as a waterslide to your lonely estate. You and I are never alone.

God is a nest here. More of what is you smaller bred and colorful walk around and roam. This first time I walk up to meet the child, she uses every ounce of her strength to hurt me. Punches strike my legs, but I do not feel. Both of my parents are here but I never see them at the same time. A hypocrite named "mom" comes to meet me. She seems nice, not even so bad. However, she is transparent. She paints a picture of herself in the name of values. Forgetting she is alive she is somewhere telling a weak soul what to do. She forgets that somewhere someone needs her to raise her children to be heroes. Somewhere, someone is calling out against the pain their dad laced in their head with each scream he released. They want to be alive, they want to exceed the image of their parents. Childhood is everything, loss is common, mistakes is mom.

My father and I try to settle in here. An occupation of thought persists. I barely get to see you at all, yet you are the reason I am here. I stand still and speechless above the stone staircase. There is a natural hatred that lingers among the little girl. She kills me with a power saw. My body is split and shattered by the metal. This is not death, nor is it the end. I am right where I was, yet I now have the ability to see the future. I carefully revise my actions to ensure I prevent my own death.

No comments:

Post a Comment